Rain City Soccer Club’s mission is to provide the community with a safe environment to meet, play soccer and build community. Our organization helps coordinate various levels of competition from open scrimmages (Kickabout) to competitive teams (in local and travel leagues). RCSC supports LGBTQ+ soccer teams in the Seattle area. The club coordinates special events and community service projects.
Our community includes over three hundred individuals of various skill levels and ages sometimes participating in multiple club-hosted events throughout the year. The purpose of RCSC is to give space to those who have a shared passion for our sport, and want to participate in whatever way is meaningful for them, anyone who joins any event – be it once or a hundred times a year – is considered an RCSC member. Some are team members, join Kickabouts, learn new tactics in our skills clinics, attend fun themed events, join community building functions, participate in fundraisers, enroll in tournaments, or even travel and represent the league. We believe in giving people options and allowing each person to decide for themselves what “being a member” means to them.
RCSC strives to:
- Provide opportunities to play on competitive and recreational LGBTQ+ teams of various skill levels
- Provide opportunities to learn to play soccer in a welcoming, safe, and empowering environment
- Organize social events where LGBTQ+ people (and allies) can connect in a supportive, understanding, and inclusive setting
- Be represented by and equally inclusive of all genders and orientations
- Provide a healthy environment for soccer players, their friends, and families