Rain City Soccer Club’s mission is to provide our community with a safe environment to meet, play soccer, and build lasting relationships. Going into our 24th year, we were founded in 2000 by Eric Erdmann & Brendan Patrick after several years as grassroots group focused on highlighting LGBTQ+ inclusive spaces in our sport. The oldest, most historic part of our club is our team: Stonewall FC, who was founded in 1989 and has represented the club nationally and internationally for 35 years! Our organization helps coordinate various levels of play from open scrimmages (Kickabout) to competitive teams (in local and travel leagues). RCSC supports LGBTQ+ soccer players in the Seattle area. A primary focus of our club has always been in giving back to our community, we do so by coordinating special events and community service projects.
Our club is comprised of over 1,300 individuals of various skill levels and ages participating in various club-hosted events throughout the year. The purpose of RCSC is to give space to those who have a shared passion for our sport, and want to participate in whatever way is meaningful for them. Anyone who believes in our mission and joins any event – be it once or a hundred times a year – is considered an RCSC member. Some attendees are team members, join Kickabouts, learn new tactics in our skills clinics, attend fun themed events, join community building functions, participate in fundraisers, enroll in tournaments, or even travel and represent the our club on a national/international scale.
RCSC strives to:
- Provide opportunities to play on competitive and recreational LGBTQ+ teams of various skill levels
- Provide opportunities to learn to play soccer in a welcoming, safe, and empowering environment
- Organize social events where LGBTQ+ people (and allies) can connect in a supportive, understanding, and inclusive setting
- Be represented by and equally inclusive of all genders and orientations
- Provide a healthy environment for soccer players, their friends, and families