Update: July 13, 2020
Your safety is our priority. Pride Season will only happen when we are safely in Phase 3. Our leadership team is relying on the executive decisions of our state and local health officials/experts, and this season will only happen in strict accordance with public health orders. We’ll try our best to still have Pride Season in 2020, but our reality is Phase 3 may not happen for a few months or in 2021. We’ll delay the 2020 season as late as Friday, September 4th (week 1/start date). If Pride Season doesn’t start by then, we’ll issue refunds to those who have registered and we’ll postpone the season to start in early April 2021. Whenever Pride Season does happen, participants may be required to follow a safety plan, if required by Seattle Parks & Recreation. Participants are welcome to take any additional precautions that fit their comfort level.
Pride Season is a 6-week LGBTQ dedicated season held in Cal Anderson Park on Friday evenings.
This is amazing opportunity for LGBTQ players (and their friends) of all skill levels and backgrounds to play together on a weekly basis, build skill, and hangout afterwards supporting a few neighborhood LGBTQ owned bars.
- 8 Pride Season teams will be randomly drafted and announced one week before the season starts.
- Teams will be all-genders and skill levels (junior players have the opportunity to learn from advanced mentors).
- Fields are half-standard size and 70 minutes (35 minute halves).
- 8 vs 8 games, including the goal keeper.
- Pride Season players will receive special club jerseys; teams will be all colors of the rainbow.
- The league is for RCSC players and their friends; anyone from the community can register!
Registration & Season Timeline
- Register HERE on Eventbrite
- Follow the Facebook event here for updates.
- Register EARLY because there are only 85 spots.
- Season Starts (Week 1 of 6): Before September 4, 2020
- Final Games (Week 6 of 6) and Awards Ceremony: 6 weeks after season’s start
NOTE: Considering the TBD start of Phase 3, this season’s start date may be delayed to ensure all games comply with safety/health orders. Rest assured, games will take place over 6 Friday evenings in Phase 3-4, as early as possible, so please register accordingly.
HEALTH NOTES: Each game slot will host fewer than 48 people (in compliance with Phase 3). Participants are welcome to take safety measures that fit their comfort level. Sanitizing hand gel will be available.
If you know of a company that would like to support this special season, please contact PresidentRainCity@Gmail.com.
Sponsors will be featured in weekly promotions to the community before and during Pride Season. The RCSC consists of hundreds of members. RCSC is the largest non-profit soccer club in Seattle with an active member base in the Capitol Hill area.