Want to make an LGBTQ difference in Seattle?
Join our team to help others in the community! The club is looking for you to make the LGBTQ community a stronger & more inclusive place. If you have skills, talents, or would like to manage an LGBTQ+ focused program, we’re excited for what you can do! We’re looking for representation from women and transgender folks!
Email PresidentRainCity@Gmail.com to learn more.
There are open roles for you to make a rewarding and positive impact.
- President: This person is the manager of the club’s development and relationships with partners and members. They represent the club on executive matters. They provide direction and encouragement to leaders to carry out activities according to the mission of the club. They receive and communicate information and tasks to the functional leaders in order to move forward effectively. They reiterate the club’s values and expectations, and usually are the point of contact for member feedback. They encourage captains to increase player engagement. This person should be comfortable with speaking at events, moving forward initiatives and motivating people, and handling feedback and communicating it to leaders.
- Communications Manager: This person cultivates the club’s messages relating to events and current information. They’ll draft and blast newsletters, post to the club’s Facebook page, and keep an eye on information received from other city clubs and the community.
- Summer Pride Season, Program Manager: This person will organize a 7 week season of soccer and socials (field scheduling, ordering supplies, ordering food, coordinating venues, Eventbrite registration and questions, marketing, etc.). Other RCSC leaders will support this person with any delegated tasks (including coordinating venues or game-day tasks).
- Leader of Community Engagement: This role will be a support system between sponsors, members, and other leaders to advocate, fundraise, write and submit grant applications, engage members, and organize community related activities. This role will likely manage a relationship with a sponsor located in Seattle (e.g. Sounders or private business that provides in-kind support to the club). RCSC wants to have multiple directors representing the various identities of our sponsors and diverse member base.
- Community Service Leader: This person will deliver on our community service goals and organize club volunteer events.
Averages 1 hour per week year round organizing. More time at actual volunteer projects if they attend.